Thursday, January 12, 2006

Apathy...

You know what I've realized?

I've realized that I just don't give a shit any longer.

Consider the record of surprises related to this administration: Valerie Plame, our Eastern European Torture Gulag, The Al-Jazeera Memo, and now the absurdly illegal systematic spying on US citizens. Oh, and that's just the war stuff. There's also the opening of Alaskan wildlands to oil drilling, the fucked-up way we're handling Iran, Katrina and on and on and on.

And that's just Mr Bush. That's just right now.

What I find is that I feel that anything relating to politics at the Federal level and DC are just too broken to fix. And also, no one else cares enough to really give a crap, and if they did there'd be a mob burning down the Whitehouse as we speak.

Looking at this, true or not, I feel no rage anymore. I feel no desire to fix it, no desire to fight or reform. Right or wrong, "fixing" it, or trying, seems pointless. Demonstrations? That's like using electrical paddles to try to restart the heart of a 500 pound man who's been dead for days.

No comments: